Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Boston Tea Company's Organic Bombay Chai Tea Sachets

When tea friend Donna in California sent a box of treats recently, it included this box of Boston Tea Company's Organic Bombay Chai whole leaf tea sachets. Although I've had tea from this company before, I have not tried their organic chai and was happy to give it a try. It had what I consider a classic chai taste from the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, and it was just perfect on the cold, gray, winter afternoon I first tried it. (What is it about cinnamon in particular that seems to brighten everything it flavors?)

The graphic on the box caught my attention because it features a tea ship, and of course that also reminds many of us here in America of the Boston Tea Party, the inspiration for this tea company.

When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to find that these tea sachets are individually wrapped. Only a few other tea vendors seem to do this with their tea sachets (Harney comes to mind), so I was delighted to find that this tasty new tea is also one I might be able to share with a few friends—just as a tea friend originally shared it with me! Have you tried tea from the Boston Tea Company before? If so, which one(s) do you recommend?

8 comments:

  1. I do love cinnamon, I bet this was quite delicious. I have not tried tea by this company yet but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they sell it at the Boston Tea Party Ship and Museum. I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and shopping there a coup le of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new tea company to me! Getting added to the list...so many teas...so little time! Lol!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago, a friend gave me the Boston Tea Company's Berry Medley--loose black tea with raspberries and cranberries. I quite enjoyed its fruity flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kinda tea! Similar maybe to Twinings Christmas tea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Individually wrapped is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I haven't tried this company. How nice that the bags were individually wrapped. Chai spices could contaminate other tea in the cupboard with it's scent, so having them wrapped like that would definitely be a plus for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good tea... and nice that it's individually wrapped. Years and years ago I had Boston tea - it came in a round tin. I think it's the same company, and we used to sell it in Rosemary House in the '70's. I remember an Orange Spice and also a Mint that were popular then. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!