Friday, August 29, 2014

One Christmas teapot ahead

Thanks to my now-regular stalking of the Carrollton Goodwill store, I am one Christmas teapot ahead for the holidays. I found this 1992 House of Lloyd musical teapot for $2.52, which I thought was a mighty fine price!

With the turn of a switch on the back of the 6-1/2-inch tall teapot, the little mice start dancing and rocking around the table, all to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." The light above the table doesn't work, alas, and the battery compartment appears to be superglued shut, but I am OK with that considering the price I paid!

This "Holiday Hideaway" is a fun addition to my Christmas collectibles, and what a bargain. A friend who bought some postage stamps this week was surprised to be handed a sheet of *poinsettia* Christmas stamps, yet another reminder it's never, ever too early to shop for Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. How adorable! And it was just waiting for you to come find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful addition to your Christmas tea-themed collection, and the price can't be beat! When I was in Sam's Club earlier this week, I noticed they have Christmas displays out already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always the treasures! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Steph! How do you do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Angela, another wonderful treasure! What great 'eyes' for treasures you have, I am so impressed - how do you do it?
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I've also been keeping an eye out for tea-themed Christmas decor at the thrift shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun find.
    I think I need to start giving Christmas a thought or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute. I wonder if a battery exploded and that's why the door won't open. If so and if you get it open you may be able to clean the compartment with alcohol and qtips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a fun bargain find to add to your Christmas collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!