Friday, July 11, 2014

Lipton's Tea & Honey Liquid Iced Tea Mix

Those Lipton folks are great at branding. I realized this when I was in the grocery store this week and spotted this Lipton Tea & Honey Liquid Iced Tea Mix. I almost always glance at the tea section of any grocery store I'm in, and my eye went straight to a new object, this 4-1/2-inch tall plastic container of liquid mix. The iconic Lipton yellow caught my eye immediately. The only problem was, I have tried other brands of liquid tea mixes before and found them, well, revolting. Did I really need to spend $3.99 on a product I was 399 percent sure I was going to hate? Still, I can't recall ever hating anything from Lipton, so curiosity killed the cat and I tossed the iced tea mix into my grocery cart.

So very curious was I that when I got home, I didn't even put up all the groceries before I grabbed a glass of water and added two squirts of the liquid mix.

I am quite happy (and truthfully, quite surprised) to tell you that this Summer Peach tea is great! I didn't get that awful metallic taste I now associate with other liquid tea mixes, and I'm very happy that Lipton has managed to find the perfect blend of convenience and a pleasant taste in this new tea mix. While the first ingredient on the panel is honey, the mix does contain Sucralose, which I thought I could always detect, but I found absolutely no odd taste or bad aftertaste with this tea. At just 10 calories per eight-ounce glass, this is a fine new summer sipper. The new Tervis tumbler with my pink initial on it, by the way, was a surprise gift from my sweetie last week. He was headed to the store and asked if I needed anything. I said, "Oh, just surprise me," and he did!

6 comments:

  1. A is for Angela or..my beloved Alabama! Thank you for telling us about the tea mixer from Lipton. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the taste test! I will seek it out next time I shop. I will have to try that 'just surprise me' and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that he surprised you. But plain iced tea has no calories. I think I will stick with fresh brewed. I just can't myself to buy these mixes and RTD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lipton also makes Pure Leaf bottled tea, and it's very good. Your surprise gift from Alex is nice. He's a thoughtful hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the taste test, Angela! I am going to try this. And once again, I'm impressed at how thoughtful Alex is - you two make a great couple! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not seen these little bottles. But I have tried the powder and it was good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!