Friday, March 7, 2014

Shamrocks & Shortbread

Generally I prefer to make decorative cookies myself, but when I saw these Shamrock Cookies from Little Debbie at the grocery store, I had to get them to go with my afternoon tea!

Shamrocks are on my mind with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, and earlier this week I found a short little vintage china shamrock mug at a new antique store that's opened up in Newnan on the Millard Farmer Bypass. I thought the price, $1.25, was irresistible! There's no backstamp on the bottom, just a number, A-1163.

The other reason these cookies appealed to me is that they are shortbread cookies, not sugar cookies. They come individually wrapped, too, which makes them a nice takealong treat from now through St. Patrick's Day!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the cup! And what a great price. Those cookies are perfect with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty mug - and a nice treat for the next week or so! I'll have to check them out...I love shortbread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice shamrock mug. I'll have to get some of those cookies as a St. Patrick's Day treat for Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! So I don't buy anything often like that - are those shortbreads any good?

    They make for a perfect little tea with your sweet little tea mug!



    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'll have to find some of those cookies as a St. Patrick's Day surprise for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling no one will be able to pinch you on St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, once again you have inspired me to go shopping! Love, love, love the shamrocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great items today Angela - I love anything Irish! The mug is cute and the cookies look good. I will pick some up, thanks for sharing. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the LD shamrock cookies - I am partial to Little Debbie though as my husband, my son & my daughter-in-law all work for them(I did as well over 20 yrs ago).

    I think the Christmas wreaths they make around the holidays are also shortbread but with less coating - which I like better. They have quite a few treats that are really good with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK between you and Linda J. I am now for sure in the mood for St. Patrick's Day. Cute cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!