Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Inko's White Iced Teas

Inko's. Now that's a new name in tea to me, but I recently spotted these at an Ingle's grocery store that is on the route I pass when I'm visiting my parents. I stop by occasionally when I need to pick up a few things, and this time I was intrigued to see yet another new name in teas.

The Inko's label touts the fact they use "all natural ingredients" which include fructose crystals, not corn syrup. The White Peach tea had 7 grams of sugar and 28 calories per 8-ounce serving (2 servings per bottle), which is better than a lot of the more sugary bottled teas I've purchased before realizing I was drinking the equivalent of a candy bar! This tea had a lightly sweet taste with the emphasis on the peach, not the sugar.

I give high marks to the Blueberry flavor as well since, once again, the blueberry-ness really was a natural flavor, not one of those faux-berry flavors you sometimes run across. (The calories and sugar content are the same as the White Peach flavor.) I definitely think I'll be buying these teas again, and soon. Anyone else tried Inko's before?

7 comments:

  1. I will have to look for those, we do have an Ingle's store here. ( unlike Michael,s which requires an hour and a half drive!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Inko's RTD Teas, but will keep my eyes open for them. Thanks for the heads up! No Ingle's stores in my area of Michigan, so if I find them, they will have to be sold in a different food store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    Glad to see these are now in your area. I have enjoyed them for several years - they are yummy!

    Janet P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't tried this, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I shall try those if ever I run across them! I have not heard of them before this post.

    My niece and I had a tea party today and we brewed blueberry tea. : - )

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound appealing. I haven't heard of this brand. I must confess I rarely look at the RTD aisle, as I usually carrying my own iced tea in a travel mug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inko's is new to me. Where is it bottled?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!