Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hudson & Middleton Lady Diana teacup

One of my mom's recent yard sale finds was this pretty pink teacup, which I immediately loved when she passed it along! The color is perfect, the shape is attractive, and it's that larger size of teacup I so enjoy using when I sip tea.

The roses on this set are just charming, I think.

But I really loved knowing it's the Lady Diana teacup from Hudson & Middleton, a company in the UK! Mom says the lady at the yard sale told her it originally sold for $40. I didn't ask my mom what she paid, but I can guarantee you she didn't pay anywhere near that. What a fun new find, and it led me to the company's lovely website here. Do any of you have Hudson & Middleton wares? This was definitely a new name in teawares to me!

14 comments:

  1. How pretty! Your mom finds the best treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sale diva! I have the same one in purple, wish I got cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cup. I didn't know there was a Lady Diana cup and saucer. It's a set to keep an eye open for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and nice to have a teacup named for her. I have a whole box of Diana memorabilia.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely teacup tribute to a lovely Lady Diana. I know you will enjoy sipping tea from this exquisite cup and saucer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know there was a Lady Diana Tea cup, I will be looking for one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and so sweet of your mother. Cherish each moment with your mother. Mine passed 3 years ago and one of the things I miss the most is receiving her little gifts which I hold dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! and how nice it has Lady Diana's name and the Middleton name! I wonder if Kate has this teacup?
    Kathy L

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a gorgeous cup and I would be thrilled to receive it. The Middleton jumped out at me and wondered if it was any relation to Kate Middleton's family? Hummmm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the Best Mom, Angela! Such a pretty teacup - thank you for sharing the information on their company. Have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!