Thursday, June 20, 2013

"English Tea & Cakes"

I think I'm going to start calling this site "Tea With Friends: The blog that makes shopping mistakes so you don't have to!"

Actually, I'd be thrilled with my new $7.98 cookbook from Barnes & Noble, up top, which features more than 100 classic teatime recipes, if I hadn't recently bought its predecessor, this $12.99 magazine (which I wrote about here), which has just over 75 of the same recipes.

Now why did a *book* with more recipes cost less than a *magazine* with fewer recipes? Ah, well, at least I did get a few new recipes, but I will perhaps restrain myself from buying future English tea magazines until I make sure Barnes & Noble isn't about to introduce a new book!

13 comments:

  1. We appreciate your sacrifice in service of tea lovers everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better you than me! *LOL* Seriously, thanks for being honest with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO!!

    That's so weird! I tell ya the pics on them are drool worthy, I see why you had to have both for sure!

    Well I see the perfect hostess gift in your stash box now, eh?

    (Or a giveaway, haha.)

    And YES I think that name change is about apropo, Ang! LOL!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd buy one of them from ya if you want to rid yourself.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for warning the rest of us -I will go straight to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one that does this is Annes Publishing - NBA in America.It does look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought that first magazine too, aargh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a rip-off when they do that! It happens with quilt magazines/books too so I am pretty careful about looking twice. Thank you for the heads up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is just crazy. Not you... the fact that the magazine costs more than the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same thing! Could not believe when I saw the book at B&N. Oh well, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness! I have the magazine... now must ponder whether I 'need' the book...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cover of the book and it would entice me to buy. I have done the same thing here with other books and it is always frustrating. Thanks for being our test market.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you had this experience, Angela - sounds like a case of re-packaging, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing this story with us, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!