Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lipton Peach Apricot Iced Tea Mix

There are, I am well aware, those tea lovers who are purists. You, dear friends, would prefer to sip only brews made from the finest tea leaves picked on the best hills of Darjeeling at the peak time of day. Me? I'm a cheapskate who'll shop for tea at Big Lots, as I did the other day when I came across this box of Lipton's Peach Apricot Iced Black Tea Mix.

Now, granted, I would get the vapors if I ever walked into a tea room and found them using this type of mix. It's the "fast food" of tea, but hey, sometimes convenience is desired, right? These new 6-inch-long packets are much larger than the regular size ones and make 4 cups of tea each.

And I'm happy to say I did indeed like the Peach Apricot flavor, my first new iced tea of the year. Just for fun, I thought you might like seeing the small glass pitcher I used to make it. I found it at a local antique store last summer and originally thought it would be perfect for my (future) beach house. Now, it has occurred to me I can also call this my "Tea Clipper" tea pitcher!

9 comments:

  1. Angela you are so funny. I too drink this brand tea sometimes. And I think that if we were all truthful we would all admit to it. Besides it does taste good!
    The favorite of mine is the Green Tea with Mango & Pineapple- it's yummy! And I love your "Clipper Pitcher"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive review of Lipton Peach Apricot Iced Tea mix. I'm not above shopping for tea and food items to go with tea at Big Lots either.
    Love your Tea Clipper pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for the review...for iced tea I opt for the more commercial teas, because I don't like the flavor of sun tea and it's too much trouble!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea, next stop Big Lots! Love the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG LOTS! Yes, they have an amazing variety of interesting teas and if you check in the aisle with all of the cookies you can usually find the best palmiers - so crispy and sweet- to go with your tea. Add some raspberry jam or lemon curd and you have instant tea treats.

    That pitcher is such a great find. May your beach home have shelf in the kitchen waiting for it.

    Love any tea with peach flavor. I am due for a trip to my BIG LOTS!

    Have a happy day,

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lipton's tea & honey flavors are some of my favorites. I haven't tried peach apricot yet.

    And I love the pitcher. I am a glass pitcher fanatic. This is one I would grab up in second if I saw it in a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If some one wishes to be updated with most recent technologies then he must be visit this site
    and be up to date daily.

    Take a look at my page ... stevie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound good, but I must admit I am one of those "purists". If someone served it to me, I would drink it and probably enjoy. However, I doubt that I would buy it or make it myself. Nice pitcher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!