Friday, April 5, 2013

Life:Beautiful's new issue

Do any of you read Life:Beautiful magazine? It's an inspirational magazine that's been around since 2007, and though I don't often see it on newsstands, I do like to pick up a copy when I come across a new one. The peonies on the cover of the Spring 2013 issue caught my eye!

But even more so, I was hooked when I turned to this feature devoted entirely to cream puffs! There are eight gorgeous pages of cream puffs, and that's not even including the recipe pages! The offerings include Lemon Lavender Cream Puffs (I can just see these on a tea table!), a Raspberry Puff Cake made of cream puffs, Salted Caramel cream puffs, Smoked Salmon cream puffs and more. I've never even attempted plain old cream puffs, but my friend Phyllis once encouraged me by saying that if I can make macarons, she thinks I could make cream puffs. Helpfully, the magazine's recipe section includes step-by-step photos, so I really, really will have to try these!

And in addition to all that, this issue just has some of the loveliest spring floral photography I've seen anywhere. If you could use some inspiration (literally and figuratively), you may want to look for a copy of this new issue of Life:Beautiful.

12 comments:

  1. ooh..love the cream puffs and the peonies. Cream puffs are easy to make...much easier than macarons I think. These look and sound delicious. Off for tea and a muffin at the hospital cafe...no cream puffs in the cafe here 'o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon lavender cream puffs? Invite me over if you make those please!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one of these at a different than the usual grocery store and bought it a number of years ago but have seen nothing since. 5 will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful magazine, and yes those cream puffs sound delicious, especially the lemon lavender ones. I have never tried to make cream puffs but I remember an aunt telling me they really are not difficult to make. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recall ever seeing this magazine, but I've never specifically looked for it either. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the head's up. I will keep an eye out for this refreshing magazine. The flower photos are stunning!

    Enjoy a tea-lightful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE this magazine so much, I subscribe to it. Such inspirational articles and beautiful photography. I keep this magazine and my tea time magazine out on my table.

    ps: you probably already are aware of this promotion, but I recently purchased celestial seasonings (green box) of sleep time tea and it came with a free adorable mini tea tin in the box. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... beautiful magazine. Would like to read this article! The most frequently ordered, #1 sandwich in the tearoom, would be our Chicken Salad in Cream puffs. And in December, I make an Egg Nog filled cream puff that is easy to do. Love cream puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmmmm cream puffs for a tea, Lemon Lavender ones?

    I must find that magazine!

    Thanks for the heads up.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen this magazine. All I see in it looks fabulous. Thanks for telling us about this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The roundness of the pink roses reminded me of the cream puffs. Everything does look beautiful. I will be looking now for this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great magazine, Angela - I used to enjoy seeing this at Hastings. Very inspirational magazine. Haven't seen it too much since then, I will look for this issue. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!