Monday, April 15, 2013

Flowers for a Tea Room Vase

My husband gave me a Tea Room Depression glass vase for Christmas, and until now it's just been perched atop the mantel doing nothing. This weekend, with so much in bloom, it got a job!

Daffodils are *finally* opening, and of course the periwinkle has been popping up for weeks now. (Yes, I know, some consider it a weed, but I think the color is gorgeous, so it stays!)

Azaleas have never really been a favorite of mine, and yet ... when mine bloom, I think they're just lovely. (The tulips, too, but this one is hiding!)

The bearded iris? Count me a fan! I'm so, so happy these are blooming! You see, I had heaps of them in the shade at back of my house, but they had never bloomed, so last year I dug them up and moved them to a sunnier location. This year, voila, blossoms! One of these two was a transplant from my parents' house, but I can't remember which. I'll have to pay attention next time I visit.

I'll bet this Tea Room vase never knew how colorful life could be! Now, can you guess which of these flowers is featured on a new teapot I got last week? I'll show it tomorrow!


14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new teapot. Those flowers are simply gorgeous. Every shape and design and color is only enhanced by being all together.
    Lovely vase too. Good man, your hubby.
    Have a happy day, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blooms -- that's what I like about spring -- the bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing your new teapot has an iris theme.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers in a beautiful vase! I think the periwinkle looks just fine in with the other spring blooms. I have a little bit in my yard and am so glad to see it blooming! So glad your iris plants like their new location, too. Looking forward to seeing the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby did great in selecting a tea room patterned Depression Glass vase as a Christmas present! It's beautiful with fresh flowers from your garden. Can't you just envision it sitting on a tea room table with similar flowers from the tea room owner's garden? I'll be sure to pop by tomorrow to see your newest teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Our daffodils are just starting to open... love spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect vase, gorgeous flowers. Sorry your not a big fan of azaleas- one of my favs! Your Iris are so pretty, and I totally know about the shade- mine are going to have to be transplanted as well- the tree they are under has gotten too shady for them as well.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers! So glad spring has sprung in your locale! And what a sweet gift from a husband. I love the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am guessing the iris is that feature. Your vase is just perfect for the Spring flowers. Now bearded iris are not one of my favorites, but they do reside in my garden. Periwinkle reminds me of my grandfather's garden many years ago. Just love all that is popping up in the garden these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Eager to see your new tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to have so much blooming already to fill a vase.
    I'm guessing an iris on your new teapot.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Angela - I love to see a mix of flowers and that vase is so gorgeous! Your husband is very thoughtful, just like you. (You make a good couple!) Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!