Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A new tea towel to love!

Frances in California e-mailed that she would like to send me a gift, and I thanked her and promptly forgot about it until a surprise envelope appeared in my mailbox one day. When I opened it, I found inside what is absolutely one of the most delightful tea towels I've ever been privileged to own!

The drawings on the towel look hip and contemporary, and they're quite different from the tea towels I usually see. I was especially impressed that whoever designed this included a tea infuser. This artist must be a tea drinker!

The detail on this piece is simply amazing. Look at the fringe and turquoise thread stitchery here. Cool, eh?

And finally, even the little hang tang with a teacup was just a charming touch. This piece is proudly displayed in my kitchen right now--though I do think I'll whisk it away the next time I make spaghetti or something else messy. This is too pretty to sully!

12 comments:

  1. love it!. such a great tea towel.
    isn't it nice to have giving friends? Enjoy your towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It's the right color to go with your aqua kitchen at the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute - and I love the little tag. Such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't that something?

    I have never seen anything like it, how SWEET of her to send that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great tea towel - very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes the "good" towels away when spaghetti is on the menu. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some very thoughtful readers. What a special tea towel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design on that tea towel, love it! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute! A true tea lovers towel. And way too pretty to get spaghetti sauce stains on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!