Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"The Tea-Time Recipe Book"

Old teatime booklets are always fun to come across, and I'll say just a little about this one today to give you time to double-click on the images so you can better read these pages, if you're so inclined! (The scans look a bit wonky here, but if you click on them they become quite readable.) The booklet promotes recipes using "Raisley," a sort of baking powder type ingredient. But what most caught my attention was the royal warrant on the cover, noting that this product is "By Appointment to His Majesty King George V." If it was good enough for King George, it's good enough for me!



9 comments:

  1. Very Interesting . You always find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous... you inspire with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat vintage book! You always amaze me with your finds. I seldom take the time to look through books or linens at antique malls, and I know I miss out on some good "stuff!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, what a nice booklet! I love how the price is listed at twopence, very neat. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a treasure. I am feeling cookbook envy. ;-)

    I read that the company that produced this product, Brown and Polson, presented cooking demos in town halls and gave away these booklets. Early Food Network??

    Have a happy day,

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old cookbooks are so fun to read, especially when they have tea related goodies inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find this little treasure? Love the price on the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!