Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Some new teatime finds

After surviving another magazine deadline at work last week, it was nice to relax by hitting the antique mall and some T.J. Maxx stores with my mom and aunt over the weekend. This time I came home with a new "tea shirt" (one of mom's thrift store finds), as well as a tiny little three-tiered silver server and a collectible I'd been wanting, a teatime music box!

The server, polished up a bit here, is quite small, just 11 inches high, and these "petits fours" candles show how tiny my treats will have to be to end up on this server. (I'm thinking macarons.) At $14.95 the price was fairly good, I thought, and I was standing there considering it when my mom walked up and said "How much?" "$14.95." "Oh, you have to get it." That's rather amusing considering she had just bought a four-poster bed at a yard sale for $10, but then as I've often said, my mother's shopping skills are way out of my league. (Funny story: You may have seen those cute new scarves that have beads and pendants made into them. My mom saw some at a mall kiosk and asked how much they cost. "They're 2 for $25," the woman told her. "What if I want just one?" "I can let you have one for $10." I just shook my head when she told me that!)

My Enesco music box was $8, and I think it is absolutely adorable. The little mice in their teacups rotate along as the music box plays. And what does it play? "Tea for Two," of course!

(My favorite teacup from yesterday's post was Frances Cleveland's, but I thought they were all quite lovely!)

14 comments:

  1. The antique malls in your area seem to have the best stuff! Cute t-shirt, love the little music box... have the petite tiered server.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the cutest music box ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rewards after a hard work week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you destress after a deadline Angela and you picked up some adorable treasures.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fun tinds, Angela! I have the TEA shirt, a gift from my personal bargain shopper, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome treasures!!!!!

    QAnd I absolutely laughed out loud reading about your Mom's mad bargain skills - haha about the kiosk. Scary about how people today, though, can't do math in their heads - bet that kiosk is out of business by next year doing it like that, huh?

    So happy for your finds!! (And mostly for spending time with your Mom and Aunt, that's the true treasure in this!)

    (I am down now to only having one auntie left, and she is in hospice care and won't be long now - so savor while you are able!)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go shopping with your mom! She sounds like my kind of gal. Great finds, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are wonderful at finding such lovely treasures. I also liked Frances Cleveland's the best!

    Frances born in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun finds! I have that same Enesco music box...it's so cute!
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mom must be a hoot !!!!
    Love hearing about her shopping skills.


    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teatime finds and your little teacup music box really is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds, Angela - you, your Mom and Aunt are such great 'Treasure Hunters!' Love all your treasures, especially the music box, it's adorable! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always amazed at your new acquisitions. Too funny about the scarves too. That music box is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!