Thursday, January 17, 2013

Some new bottled teas

Every time I go to Whole Foods in Atlanta, I try to pick up at least a few new bottled teas to try. This time, I got their 365 brand of Peach Oolong as well as some American Classic Tea from the Charleston Tea Plantation.

I was very pleased by the peachiness of the oolong tea, and this is the one I sipped on the way home (thus the bottle's only half full in the photo!).

I was very surprised to learn the Charleston Tea Plantation has a bottled tea! This Island Green flavor was quite tasty, but—and you will be shocked to hear me say this—it was a little too sweet. It's sweetened with cane sugar and has 14 grams of sugar per 8-ounce serving. I drank this tea in two servings, so that was fine, but I do think I've grown accustomed to drinking the vast majority of my tea without sugar, and certainly no green teas I drink require it. Have any of you tried this bottled tea from Charleston Tea Plantation? If so, what did you think?


  1. I haven't tried either but they sound good. Wonder if they make the second one in an "unsweet" version?

  2. I am looking for a back issue of tea time that showcased a sideboard with a back mirror and mantle shelf. Also, it had a stone or marble top. I wanted to have a similar one made. Still trying to complete remodel since Hurricane Katrina. No longer have tea time magazines due to Katrina. I saw where you have all the issues. I think it may have been in a Nov/Dec issue. Would you be willing to look and provide a photocopy? I will compensate all expenses. Thanks, Sharon

  3. The Charleston Tea Plantation RTD tea is news to me. Thanks for sharing.

  4. Nice to see the Charleston Tea Plantation has a new product. Maybe they will come out with an unsweetened version.

  5. I usually am not attracted to bottled teas, but have had several from the Tao of Tea. Their oolong definitely taste a slight peachiness to it and quite good. So many tea companies are getting into bottled teas.


Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!