Monday, November 26, 2012

A cup of Christmas tea

Now that pumpkin and spice tea flavors have come and gone from my pantry, I have moved on to the mint family and am enjoying my favorite Christmas tea, the Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane green tea featuring peppermint and vanilla. Oh, how I love it!

For some Christmas sipping enjoyment, I actually found this vintage Christmas teacup in an antique mall a few weeks ago, for just $6, though I didn't officially use it until after Thanksgiving.

It's by Lefton, marked "December Holly," and that makes me wonder if perhaps there was a whole yearlong series of such cups from Lefton. Must investigate!

My vintage Christmas teacups are all different, but I did notice one day that the unifying design seems to be holly leaves and red berries. That works!

And while Candy Cane Lane is my favorite Christmas tea (I bought five boxes when I happened upon it at Walmart a few weeks ago), I was ready to explore some new flavors as well. If you're on all the tea e-mail lists as I am, you probably got alerts that many companies are offering free shipping through today in honor of Cyber Monday. I happily took advantage of this by ordering from Adagio and Harney, and hopefully I'll have some new flavors of tea to review very soon!

12 comments:

  1. Your Lefton Christmas teacup with holly and berries is beautiful. I'm a fan of Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane green tea too - year 'round - not just at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the description of the Candy Cane Lane tea sounds appealing, I rarely drink a mint based tea. I guess I just find mint to be a strong flavour for my taste.
    The teacup is pretty and was a good find. My poinsettia teacup was received from a guy I worked with years ago in a gift exchange.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the delicate holly leaves and berries on your bargain teacup. I snatched a box of Candy Cane Lane also, but only one box! It is fun to enjoy it at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect cup for your Christmas Tea. My favorite Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea is Sugar Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that tea! Whole Foods brand is good too (somewhere I read that CS actually makes it). Beautiful teacup. Going to check out the Harney website now - love free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are helping to get us in the mood. Can't wait to see all those Santa mugs again. One of the major stores has them this year-makes me think of your extensive collection.
    Happy tea sipping. Love seeing your teacup.
    Ruthie from Lady B's

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of our favorites also and I have bought a couple boxes, but off shopping today with some coupons. Hoping to score more Candy Cane Lane.
    Love the Holly teacup too. I just pulled out my mugs and cup for the season this morning. They just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to pull out that book and take it with me to my family's at Xmas to read to my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wrong - it is Trader Joe's Candy Cane tea that I have - I went home at lunch and got the box after reading your post, and am about to go make a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming cup! I am thoroughly enjoying the start to this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the only Celestial Seasonings tea that I like. In case you didn't know Trader Joe's sells it under their own brand too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This tea sounds good, I am going to try it. Love your tea cup, so pretty! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!