Thursday, September 27, 2012

Treats for the Garden Club

Monday night was the monthly meeting of the Crossroads Garden Club, and it was my turn to bring refreshments. The topic was roses, so I tried to carry out the theme with my treats. They included homemade pimiento cheese sandwiches with tomato roses and ...

... chocolate cupcakes in two different sizes and ...

... Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins made in a Nordic Ware petit fours pan with flower-shaped cavities. Ironically, after searching the internet for a pumpkin muffin recipe, the one I came across just happened to be one my step-daughter Heather submitted to Cooking Light magazine five years ago, and it is delicious. And it is here.

Our garden club president, Deberah, had decorated the food table with a rose design lace tablecloth, even.

That pulled everything together quite nicely, I thought. And yes, I learned a lot about growing roses at the meeting, so maybe you'll be seeing some pretty new rose varieties on my blog next spring!

10 comments:

  1. How clever of you to bake rose themed goodies too! I belong to 2 garden clubs, although they are technically horticultural societies and many of my gardening columns come from information I get from the knowledgeable speakers.
    I 'm baking today for a card workshop and tea I'm hosting Saturday.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty rose-themed goodies. Those tomato roses are beautiful! And how neat that you found your step-daughter's recipe on the 'net. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so good! I have the same Nordic Ware pan, but have never used it. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun variety of rose themed treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you carried our the theme great. I think your cupcakes used the Wilton candy mold? I have that and use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really lovely! Yum! Those are really a good treats. Thanks a lot for the share.

    Rachel @ CheapSheds NZ Limited

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love roses and your rose desserts were just right for the Garden Club. What a nice treat for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Tea Party! Love the photos, thank you for sharing.
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!