Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's a wrap!

Last year it was Mary Engelbreit's teapot design gift wrap that I found on rolls and used to wrap most of my Christmas gifts. This year, it's this cute cup/mug design paper I found at Hallmark. Question here: Has your town lost its Hallmark store in the past year? Mine has. Two of them, actually. I knew one of them had closed, but a month or so ago I drove to the big "lifestyle center" in town, a vibrant shopping area, and the Hallmark store I'd frequented there for years was gone, just like that!

So I traveled to neighboring Fayetteville for my annual purchase of Hallmark Christmas ornaments for all the children in our family. While I was there, I found this gift wrap. The annual Selection of the Gift Wrap is always a big deal for me, because I want lots of one paper that I will like to look at under the tree for all of December. It's like artwork or a nice throw pillow: I have to be able to live with it!

And happily, it was on sale. It's regularly $4.99 a 45-square-foot roll, but you could buy a roll and get a second roll for 99 cents. So if you'd like some of this gift wrap for your tea-themed (and other) Christmas gifts, you might want to visit a Hallmark store—if you are lucky enough to still have one!

11 comments:

  1. I do the same -- everything in the same wrap! I've been using plain gold for the last few years with pretty ribbon. Before that it was butcher paper.

    Love the teacup paper.

    We haven't had a Hallmark store in a long time. I miss ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize the Hallmark store here had closed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not realize the Hallmark store here had closed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun gift wrap!! I'll have to look for some. I have several folks that would particularly appreciate having their gifts wrapped in such fun paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! We've still got our Hallmark, and I hope they can make it through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully we still have a Hallmark store, and I will be visiting it soon to see if I can get some of this cute paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I could not think of a wrapping paper better suited for you! FUN

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of our Hallmark stores closed. So sad when a small business closes.
    I use all kinds of gift wrap. Pre-kids I would wrap his family and my family in different papers. That made it easy to load the car to travel on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to stop at Hallmark soon and check out their paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Angela, such pretty paper!
    I miss the Hallmark stores too -
    question: where is the one in Fayetteville located? Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're a big enough city that we have a few Hallmark stores, although I went in the local Gold Crown store for the first time in a long time today and was pleasantly surprised to find a few people. However, I'm not sure how they survive on that basis.

    Anyway, I LOVE this wrapping paper AND your idea to use the same wrap on all of your gifts.

    Sharing your idea on our Facebook page, Christmas Every Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!