Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summertime in Tea Time

Some people get excited when they see their favorite celebrity on the cover of a magazine, but I get excited when I see one of my teacups there! I got the new issue of Tea Time last week and naturally enjoyed seeing the Royal Winton Summertime teacup and saucer on the cover because I have a set in that pattern.

The handle design on mine is different (and happily, I like my teacup's handle the best), but I adore Royal Winton's chintz designs and would love to have any of them!

My teacup has a lot of crazing, but I still love its lush floral design. And this summer, at least, it's fun knowing Summertime is now a cover girl!



10 comments:

parTea lady said...

The Royal Winton Summertime pattern is very pretty. I also prefer the handle on your teacup.

It is fun to see your china in a magazine. This happens a lot with my Wedgwood "Edme" teacup.

Heidi Thibodeau said...

It is indeed a beautiful pattern, and it is exciting to see something you own in TeaTime, isn't it?!? That's only happened to me once, though, lol - I saw some place card holder/vases that I'd bought at a friend's Home Decor party in an issue a couple of years ago, and it made my day!

Christa said...

Very funny, not many people would understand this. I would be excited to be this kind of cover-girl too! What a beautiful cup.

Marilyn said...

I don't subscribe, but I do watch for this magazine when I shop for my pet food. It makes going to town so much more fun for me to be able to purchase the latest issue (I'm not much for shopping). ♥♫

Antiques And Teacups said...

My favorite magazine...and I was excited as I have Royal Winton Summertime as well. A gorgeous pattern! Thanks for sharing!
Ruth

Ginger said...

I'm sure only tea lovers would understand the enjoyment of seeing one's teacup as a "cover girl". :-)

Marilyn said...

It is beautiful and I like the handle on yours better. Now I need to go back and look at the magazine and see the celebrity.

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

I love chintz. Your Royal Winton Summertime teacup is really pretty!

Linda J. said...

I am catching up on reading your blog after traveling for a few days. I just posted a very similar post today for Teacup Thursday!

Tea Sets for Sale said...

This tea cup is so beautiful and the colors are exquisit.