Thursday, June 23, 2011

Easy Bakes, Cakes and Puds

British magazines are some of my favorites to read, and recently I was reading British Country Living (not related to the Country Living magazine in this country) when I saw an ad for a special baking issue published by British Good Housekeeping. I lusted over it when I saw the cover photo but figured there was little chance of my finding a copy. Lo and behold, it was for sale at Barnes and Noble last week!

This White Chocolate Cappuccino Cake is one of the prettiest treats I've seen in a long time!

The 225 recipes include lots of things that would be perfect for teatime, including "Perfect Scones" and ...

Extra Moist Fruity Tea Bread. This is one of those oversized issues and sells for $9.99, and I believe it's worth every penny. If you're a fan of baking, and I believe most of us are, take a look at this issue if you come across it!

11 comments:

  1. Love the roses on that cake - looks beautiful. I'll have to look for this the next time I'm in the bookstore - I think it would be worth it for the scone recipe alone since I've yet to master them, lol! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be on the same wave link today. I posted about cupcakes. I'll be out looking for this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a magazine I could sink my teeth into. Smiling! Love the British Country Living too; so I guess I need to plan a trip to Barnes and Noble soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok I NEED this magazine...NEED. I hope you can join me Saturday for my MAD TEA PARTY post (blog party hosted by A Fanciful Twist)...I have invited Anne Boleyn to Tea with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angela - I agree it is worth it and I will look for one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider it on my list of things to look for. Thanks for the preview Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness!! I see a trip to Barnes & Noble in my very near future!! Love your blog!! I also adore British Magazines, such as Donna Hay! Many of them have articles or recipes on Teatime, which I LOVE!! Pop over to my blog for a look if you get a chance!! Jina

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know, I am a magazine-a-holic. You found a tea-riffic one this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a BUMMER , my local Barnes and Noble did not have this .
    Thanks Angela for sharing all of the neat things that you find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked this up last night at Barnes and Noble, and guess where I'd found it - right next to TeaTime magazine! I thought that was a quite appropriate place for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!