Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bottled Numi Organic Teas

At a Marshalls store over the weekend I came across two new flavors of bottled tea from Numi Organic Tea. With all the tea lovers out there, I'll bet I'm not the only one who has received a Numi gift set for a birthday or Christmas gift. I've received gift sets of their teas several times and always enjoyed them, so I was definitely intrigued to learn they also have bottled teas.

The first tea I tried was the Honey Lemon Rooibos. While I did distinctly taste the honey, lemon and rooibos flavors, I didn't really enjoy this tea and only drank half of it. Perhaps this is because I like plain old rooibos, and I think I might have enjoyed this tea just fine without the flavoring.

The Moroccan Mint Puerh Green Tea was much more enjoyable and packs a serious minty punch! While it's not *quite* as good as the iced tea I've been making with a simple syrup made with my own home-grown spearmint, this was a cool, minty drink I enjoyed and would buy again. If you're interested, these 12-ounce bottles sell for $1.49 at Marshalls. Are any of you familiar with any Numi teas?


7 comments:

  1. THanks for the review...frankly BOTH sound good but I would be more inclined to by the mint over the honey lemon. I will have to keep my eyes out..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RTD (ready-to-drink) market has just exploded ! I can't keep up with all the varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am familiar with Numi, but not sure I have tried them. If I ever get to Marshall's I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know Numi made RTD teas. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just recently discovered NUMI teas and they are Nummy! I found a box of Gunpowder Green Organic "Temple of Heaven" and it is so smooth with a bit of sweetness. I just love it! I only wish I had bought all four of the boxes. They were at TJ Maxx. I'll keep a look out for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had the opportunity to try Numi's RTD bottle teas yet, but I do love their brand of teas. They have a huge selection of teas to choose from. The Magnolia Puerh is my absolute favorite. I purchase it from Amazon in bulk! LOL!

    I need to start visiting a different Marshalls because I rarely find any bottle teas at my location.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review, Angela - I have never seen these teas! I will be checking these out, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!