Monday, February 21, 2011

A lovely finish to Valentine's Week!

Last week I wrote about going to Valentine's Tea in Woodstock, but I also wanted to mention that the town has some great antique malls and shops that are worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood. One of my favorite finds, at a delightful antique mall called Pennybag Emporium, was this rosy teacup and saucer by Royal Winchester. Now I love roses in just about any shape, size or fashion, but the old-fashioned, full-blown pink and white ones are my absolute favorites.

I don't often come across teacup roses that look as soft and pretty as these, but when I do, I grab them!

It also helped to find this set had, for no apparent reason, been marked down $10. Excellent! So that's what I sipped my tea from during Valentine's Week.

Now I had assumed the celebrating was over on Monday, but on Friday afternoon I learned a delightful gift bag of treats had been dropped off for me at the office by my friend Joanie! What fun I had opening layers of pink tissue paper and sparkly tulle to find all the treats she had so lovingly gathered: A beautiful silhouette card, a delicious Toffee Crunch chocolate ball, a heart pen, a whimsical package of those cute stretchy bracelets that are so "in" right now, a red rock sugar wand (these are perfect for sweetening tea!), a gift card to Hastings book store here in Newnan (boy, will I enjoy using that!), and last but not least, a lovely little ribbon and roses bedecked glass I would have adored even if it hadn't contained Dove chocolates!

I have seen these elegant little glasses used in tea rooms for serving cream and/or lemon curd (yes, you can put both in a single glass). I will so enjoy using this and remembering what a fun Valentine's treat my friend surprised me with. It was an unexpected and thoroughly fun treat, and a terrific way to close out Valentine's Week 2011!

8 comments:

  1. The roses on your teacup are beautiful! Girl, you really know how to turn Valentine's Day into a two-week celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely teacup. What a great find!

    What a wonderful and thoughtful Valentine's day gift from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela, love that teacup!
    Glad you got the Valentie surprise - you made Valentine's Week so special for so many, we appreciate all that you do.
    Have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teacup and saucer are beautiful! And Joanie's gift was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprise treats are always the very best. That rose teacup is lovely. You know you love the same kind of roses I do, those soft pinks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: I found your blog by accident and I am so glad I did. I love your tea cup. I would like to invite you to join Tea Cup Tuesday and share your beautiful tea cup with the ladies. Have a wonderful week. I look forward to getting to know you. I have become your new follower. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful rose teacup indeed
    What a lovely find!

    "But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.”

    ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

    Your lovely gift package was certainly a gift of the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!