Friday, December 17, 2010

A Holiday Tea Quilt Block

It's definitely the season for staying indoors and doing needlework, so I've been gathering a few new quilting magazines to get me through the winter. Quiltmaker's magazine came out with a 100-blocks issue last year that I was sorry I didn't get, so this year I was sure to pick up a copy when I saw this one at the grocery store.

Inside, I was pleased to find we tea fans are included this year! Isn't this Holiday Tea block pretty? Of course, with a little change of colors this block could be used for a tea-themed quilt any time of the year.

And I thought of several shoe-loving friends (and relatives) when I saw this block. This would make a terrific quilt for a shoe lover, wouldn't it! So if you're into quilting as well as tea (or shoes), you may want to look for this issue before it's sold out!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it a fun issue? I grabbed one too -- after I'd entered all the different giveaways to try and win one! Lots of fun stuff to try in there! Have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Denise I entered quite a few contests to win this magazine, but did not. I haven't seen it at my grocery store, looks like I need to make a trip to Barnes and Nobles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing new quilt designs by creative quilters. These were fun to see. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good issue. I'm tempted to buy it for the Holiday Tea block alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice designs - I especially like the shoe quilt, fun!
    Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!