Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Tea Lovers Eco Cup

It was supposed to be just a simple in-and-out trip to Books A Million in Peachtree City to pick up a copy of one of the few magazines I can't find in Newnan. I would dash in through the café, cut to the back where the magazines are, check out and be on my merry way. But no. The café just HAD to have a display of these Tea Lovers Eco Cups in cute patterns with teapot-shaped doodads on them. I mean, really. I've resisted buying one of these ceramic mugs mimicking the look of a to-go cup every time I've seen them so far, even when I spotted pink ones at T.J. Maxx.

But with roses? What rose-crazy tea lover could resist that, I ask you?

And the teapot-shaped doodad? So that bit of $8.99 cuteness was going home with me, no two ways about it. I got home and was getting ready to photograph my new cup when I realized the string of the tag was tangled behind the teapot. That's when it dawned on me the "doodad" is designed to wrap your teabag string around! It was a "duh" moment if ever there was one! If you have a BAM nearby, these come in lots of great patterns, including stripes, funky flowers and even one with a floral pattern reminiscent of Blue Willow. But I'm quite happy with the roses and green teapot design. What a fun find!

9 comments:

  1. That Tea Lovers Eco Cup is really cute. I will be looking for the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow angela, that is wonderful! I especially love the little teapot string holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cup Angela! I've never heard of BAM, I don't think we have them here in California, but I'll keep my eyes peeled at Borders and Barnes & Noble. I love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty cup. The tea tag holder is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I can see why you had to have it, I want to get one too. Have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! No more handle wrap arounds -- I love it and I love your site, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cup! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!