Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Candy counter find: Chai Tea Cordials

One of our popular downtown Newnan shops, The Vintage Flea, has a great little candy counter provided by a woman who used to have a shop in Sharpsburg that I liked, Legacy Too. This summer, I've really been enjoying her Chai Tea Cordials. They're displayed in glass jars along with various "fancy" malted milk balls in flavors like Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, and Maple. I pretty much like all of them, but the Chai Tea Cordials are definitely my favorite, and a bite or two is quite sufficient if you need a little sugar buzz!

Here you can see the inside of a Chai Tea Cordial. Since lots of gift shops are now stocking candy, I thought some of you might want to be on the lookout for these in your neck of the woods.

These really do taste like chai tea, and to find that inside a glorified malted milk ball is pure magic. Just two or three is all I need for a sweet treat, and at just 60 cents an ounce they're rather a "cheap luxury," as the marketers say.

I like the way the shop has been adding more and more antique booths and consignors, and the past few times I've been in I've found goodies to take home with me. They have great things for the garden, some teawares, and my most recent find was this set of six white ceramic teapot napkin rings for $8. I might have to watch it on the candy, but I can never have enough tea-themed napkin rings!

9 comments:

  1. Now these I covet !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like malted milk balls and chai tea, so these candies sound like the perfect mix to me.

    The classic white tea themed napkin rings are lovely and what a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! It's been months since my last visit. Looks like I need to get back in there. (Especially since the owner is my neighbor.) Gotta support neighbors and the local community, Thanks Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great price on the ceramic napkin rings!!! A tea-riffic find, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angela, love your photos today! Makes me want to run right out and get some of those candies and the napkin rings. It's been awhile since I've been in that shop, thanks for the 'heads up!' Like Teresa said, it's good to support the local economy, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those look scrumptious! If you like chai tea, you've got to try Tipu's Chai. It's 100% organic chai made from an authentic Indian recipe passed down through the owner's family. I can send you some free samples if you're interested. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lurve Chai Tea too and the real deal is just the best, although hard to find unless you make it from scratch yourself.

    And I LURVE candy! Seriously, it's my vice. I'm so sweet, I'd give you a cavity! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun as usual. Wow, chai tea cordials and napkins rings too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, I can say from first-hand experience that those chai tea cordials are delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!