Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Egg Teapot

Cheesy or cheery? Depends on your view, I guess, but the other day I had the sudden thought, "Why not decorate an Easter egg to look like a teapot?" Last year I decorated some with teapots (shown here), but I'm not sure I've actually seen one decorated where the egg is the body of the teapot.

I had this leftover wooden egg from last year's efforts, already painted pink, so I just started gluing on seed beads and tiny buttons that were in my scrapbooking stash.

I made a handle and spout of scrapbooking paper. Getting these just right was the hardest part!

Next, more beaded bling. (Cupcake liners are good for holding beads during crafting.)

Finally, a round pearl "knob" for the top of the teapot. If I'd had this idea earlier I would definitely have made more of these, but I wanted to go ahead and share the idea in case some of you are in a crafty Easter mood this week! Next time, I think I'd like to use real eggshells (with the eggs blown out, of course) to make more delicate creations. And if I needed a craft for kids, I would use good old plastic eggs for making teapot eggs. This egg idea may be half-cooked, but I think it has potential!

(And if you want to see some truly beautiful handcrafted Easter eggs, go here!)

14 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Cheery! Yes. How cute and my next thought is to cut the egg shell in half and make a teacup.

Very clever and a sweet addition to any tea lovers Easter decorations.

Deberah Williams said...

I love it. Adorable. Not at all cheesy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela - it is cheery! I would buy it and treasure it...I really like it. You continue to amaze me with your creativity - thanks for sharing and Happy Easter,
Joanie

belinda in SC said...

I like both years' creations

ChaChaneen said...

Definitely CHEERY!! I like it and the pastel colors are very pretty! Again, another cute idea for a tea party favor!

Marilyn said...

What a creative mind you have. Very cute!

parTea lady said...

That Easter "teapot" egg is delightful - very creative.

Lisa Leggett said...

Too cute! I love it when you feature your crafty goodness Angela! You should totally do it more often, then again, I like seeing all your tea finds too... Oooo, a rock and a hard place. Ok, well that just means you have to blog twice as much!
Hahahappy Wednesday!
Lisa

PeggyR said...

Oh how cute is that! I for one would love to own it!

Frivolitea said...

Oh Angela, that is so cute! you are so good and holding true to your tea theme - in creative and inventive ways. And *Thank You* for linking to my egg post! So kind of you!!! I was wondering why I had more traffic recently and now I know.

Pia Nygaard Pedersen said...

it is sweet and cute

Ginger said...

Love it!

Linda J. said...

Oh my! I am impressed with your Easter Egg Teapot! Definitely cheery!

thesewingroomandmore said...

Love it!! Would be so cute on each place setting for Easter tea!