Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tiny Tea Series: "A Christmas Wish"

Several years ago, I was browsing the clearance table at a local Christian bookstore and came across a small 2001 gift book, "A Christmas Wish," written by Dee Appel and with artwork by Gay Talbott Boassy. It's a delightful little rhyming book that recommends taking time out to have a cup of tea during the busy Christmas season, and it's designed to be given as a gift to a friend. (And if I ever find another copy, I will indeed give it to a friend, but this is just so pretty I had to keep it for "Christmas decor" purposes!)

Teacups figure prominently in the book, including this one ...

... and this one, which is my favorite. Wouldn't you love to have a vintage teacup just like this! I've discovered there were other books in this "Tiny Tea" series, so now I'll be on the lookout for "Because I Care" and "Gift of Friendship." Does anyone happen to have any of these "Tiny Tea" books? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them!

7 comments:

  1. That is a pretty little book. I've never come across one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet book. Never heard of them. I'll keep my eye out for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela! I collect mini books and I have seen your book on ebay last summer, I remember because I was outbid at the last min! LOL
    The last mini book I bought is called Tea Time by M. Dalton King it has recipes and sweet pics of tiny cups with a tea tag attached to use as a bookmark. I keep my mini books on my desk because they always make me smile.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute find. I would love to have one also. I have never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little book is one I haven't seen before, but, thanks to you, I will be looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until recently I sold a children's book called Tiny Tea. I found out it was now out of print and sold the last two I had.

    I haven't seen the book you are showing, but I would love to have vintage cups like shown in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are available on amazon.com, both new and used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!