Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Scripture Tea

Last night, several girlfriends and I went to Atlanta to see an advance screening of "The Young Victoria," which I highly, highly recommend! Emily Blunt was great as the young queen who gave her name to an era, and those of us who love the royals anyway will be absolutely smitten with the lush cinematography, beautiful costumes, lovely sets (but hey, they were castles!), fine acting jobs ... it was just a great film! So although I was perfectly happy to be getting home late for such a very good and fun reason, I needed to warm up with a nice cup of you-know-what. And I simply had to try one of the great new teas that was part of my Christmas gift from my friend Susan!

Have you ever heard of Scripture Tea? I hadn't, and I definitely love the idea of having scripture right on the teabags (and packets, even). Proverbs 3:5 is one of my all-time favorite Bible verses, so I loved that this is the design on the packets.

On the teabag tag I found yet another great verse! (And since I already confessed some Christmas crankiness on Friday, let's let that count for my confession, OK?) I'm also happy to report the tea is perfectly delicious! I tried the green chai, and it tasted just like regular chai. Terrific! My friend tells me she came across these at Cracker Barrel, by the way, in case some of you would like these for yourselves or as gifts. Wouldn't these be fantastic to serve at a church or ministry tea party? (Or after you get back from seeing "The Young Victoria" on a chilly evening!)

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! What a great gift!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought these in bulk for our Tea Ministry. Glad to know they are available at Cracker Barrel.
    Looking forward to Young Victoria-I teach a one week Victorian day camp in the summer-maybe we will get some new info. Love Historical ,costume drama movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea on the tea. I would love to see that movie; so thanks for the recommendation.
    Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a great evening. I can't wait to see that movie. Thanks for the review.

    I love the Scripture Tea and will need to get some for gifts. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to that movie, too! Glad to know that you liked it.

    Merry Christmas to you, and I'm sending lots of wonderful thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed your baking day post, but I'm glad I saw it today! Beautiful job!
    What a great gift from Susan too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what I would do without your blog, Angela! I find out about the neatest things here.
    Scripture Tea! I love the Scriptures and I love tea, so am glad someone thought to combine the two. I have never heard of this product before but am so glad to learn of it, and I plan to git me sum! No local Cracker Barrels here in So. Cal, (that I know of) so I am glad you published the link! What a great gift idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I am more anxious to see the movie! I had not heard of Scripture Tea. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to look for these online for my girls! And I LOVE your new format!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!