Monday, July 13, 2009

Tea-themed toiletries (but no tea!)


Marketers seem to have learned that tea sells. Why else would you design a tea-scented razor? I happened to need a new one, and I like the Venus brand, so I was intrigued to see their "white-tea scented" Spa Breeze razor advertised. Interestingly, you won't read the word "tea" until the back of the package, although the tea element was certainly what caught my attention in the magazine ad. The razor is designed with shave gel bars, but the shave gel itself contains no camellia sinensis, although it does contain some fruit oils I assume are responsible for the nice scent. Still, a white tea razor. Lured me right in, didn't it?

Although I wasn't surprised to find the razor's shave gel didn't actually contain any tea, I *was* surprised to find this On 10 brand White Tea lip balm I found at Sephora doesn't contain any tea, white or otherwise.

Fortunately, this SPF 15 suncreening lip balm has a texture and taste I like. Unlike chintzy ones that have the consistency of Vaseline, this one actually has some heft and staying power to it. But ... no tea!

Looking ahead to tomorrow, I'd like to assign some homework. I will give a prize to the first person who can answer the following question: Ronnie Kemper and the Horace Heidt Orchestra had a hit record in 1941 that sold more than a million copies. What is the name of the song?

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna' guess one of my husband's personal favorites:
    "I'm a Little Teapot."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather disappointing when products are not what they claim to be. I do like the tin that holds the lip balm, which is at least designed with a tea theme.

    I think Gwendol guessed right, but the band did another great song that year called "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with ParTea Lady. You purchase something for what it is suppose to contain and then it doesn't OR the amount is so minute that it is still a dissapointment. But at least you knew the razor didn't REALLY contain any tea. Now THAT would be a razor to buy LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Gwendol is right! And tomorrow I'll explain how I learned this myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!