Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Princess Amelia!

Sometime in the past year, I found this vintage postcard which I got in honor of the (then) upcoming fourth birthday of my sweet niece Amelia, who is 4 years old on this day, which is "July twentyfird" if you ask her. She is this many (1+1+1+1) fingers. The cute little ringlet-headed girl on the postcard kind of reminds me of Amelia! (I scanned this high-res in case you want to see details.)

I'll bet you didn't know I was related to royalty, did you? But indeed, "Princess Amelia" (whose name was actually inspired by "The Princess Diaries") was feted with a birthday party over the weekend. It was actually a two-party day for her, as she had just attended a "Princess Birthday Party" of another little friend and decided to remain in princess mode for the family party.


My sister Rhonda said that Amelia requested "some of that black ice cream" (i.e., chocolate) to go with her M&M birthday cake my dad made, so I thought you might enjoy seeing her eating homemade ice cream and practicing her royal wave with a little assistance from her sister, Princess Carolyn. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMELIA!

7 comments:

  1. You have a video. That is great. I am jealous. She is so precious and I know her party will be something she will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely set of Princesses! Such wonderful diary and acting coaching they are already receiving...Just think, they have their own set of Princess Diaries in real life.

    Happy Birthday, Princess Amelia, and +1 to grow on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's got The Princess Wave mastered to perfection! (I've been practicing myself....one never knows when the skill will come in handy!)Bet wishes for a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and video of the pretty Princess Amelia and her sister Princess Carolyn - love their royal waving technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Princess Amelia! Love the wave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a doll! She really is a little Princess isn't she.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!