Friday, July 3, 2009

Celebrating the red, white and BLUE!

Marilyn at Delights of the Heart is celebrating the Red, White and Blue, so I'm barely getting in the game by showing a few "blues" today! First, a Blue Willow teacup and saucer.


Then, detail from a vintage runner embroidered with blue teacups and teapots.

A blue embroidered teacup on a handstitched napkin.

And a blue (and red) package of vintage iron-on transfers (that teapot at top left would look great on a tea towel, don't you think?).

And I want you to know I *did* iron this tea towel, although it doesn't look like it! Guess I need to wash it and then iron it while damp.

This tea towel features blue as well.

And finally, the wonderful red, white and blue are featured on this great teapot pin I got here not long ago. I think it's the perfect July 4 accessory for a tea lover!

4 comments:

  1. oh what wonderful goodies you have! Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of blue linens, etc. The hydrangea is so pretty as a background for the Blue Willow cup and saucer.

    Great teapot pin to wear tomorrow and thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with me today. I love your blue pictures and the pin is perfect for celebrating the 4th of July. It might be fun to repeat this next year and get more to play along. Now I am off to search for the perfect blue flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen iron-ons in f-o-r-e-v-e-r. What a great idea. Love the tea towel you made too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!