Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tea-themed Easter cards

Sometimes I debate when and if I should mention certain things on this blog. Like ... would you rather I wait and tell you about the adorable little tea-themed Easter cards I found at Barnes & Noble two days before Easter, when it's closer to the holiday but they're probably all gone, or would you like to know about them in time to take your $1.95 over there this week while you can still get one? Yes, I thought so. This one, "Chick Tea Party," is the prettiest of the two I bought. It's about 3-1/2 x 5 inches, and I hope you can see the dimensional effect and the gilded touches. It's really a lot of "card" and "workmanship" for the price.

And this one, titled "Eggs & Vase," isn't quite as jazzy, but it has a pink teacup on it, so I got it, too. I actually bought these as "collectibles" (I've become obsessed with tea-themed graphics) and to decorate with, not to actually send to anybody! They're by Punch Studio / The Gifted Line, names I'll bet are familiar to fellow stationery junkies.

Today, by the way, marks my last tea blog post of Winter, because tomorrow we welcome Spring! I've got a special tea item I've been squirreling away in the tea cabinet, refusing to even use before March 20. Can you guess what it is?

10 comments:

  1. The one with the kitty is my favorite!tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine the March 20 post, having seen those delightful cards! You know those are right up my alley! I think I shall welcome spring with a trip to the B&N!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are gorgeous and $1.95 seems like a very reasonable price. Is your special tea item a luscious loose tea, perhaps with a flowery bouquet to welcome Spring or a pretty flowered cup? Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite store in my hometown - hundreds of miles away - carries an entire wall full of cards in that same style, which I love. Thanks so much for that post! I'll now be headed to B&N to get my cute card fix for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! You made the right call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barnes and Noble, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards. I have a weakness for pretty tea cards and must go to Barnes & Noble now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the source for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring has sprung
    The grass has riz
    Wonder where the flowers is...

    Spring is busting out all over!


    I'll venture a guess!
    Maybe it's one of those super duper tea thingeys that when you add water it becomes a flower bouquet!

    I can hardly wait to see your surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmmnnn...is it some sort of "Chia Pet?" I don't have a clue...Happy Spring! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!