Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello, Spring!

Waiting has never been my strong suit. And if I get a new item of clothing or a new purse or piece of jewelry, I want to wear it right then, or at least by the next day, not to have to wait for a special occasion. But when I got this beautiful teapot as a Christmas gift from my friend Beth, I knew immediately that this was a piece I would be saving until Spring! From the soft pink of the rose to the gentle yellow of the pansies, this combination definitely makes me think of what springtime looks like here in the South.

Several times over the past three months I have reached for this teapot, a vintage Sadler teapot, and thought of using it, but it just didn't seem right. I'm not saying I will never use this teapot outside of Spring, but for some reason I wanted to save this as a treat this year, a reward for having endured another Winter!


A pansy and a rosebud. Now could there be a sweeter combination on this teapot's lid? I *love* that there is even a tiny bit of crazing showing on this piece. Crazing, the experts say, is sometimes simply an indication of old age. (I think we call it "wrinkling" on humans, but now I think I'll start referring to it as "crazing" instead.) And here's hoping you have a very, very happy First Day of Spring!

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful vintage Sadler teapot, perfect for spring. And, it was a very thoughtful gift from your friend Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely teapot and so perfect to welcome Spring. The soft colors of the flowers are very pretty. I have one old Sadler teapot in a Christmas poinsettia design.

    My middle brother is celebrating his birthday today with a balmy 21 degree temp in Toronto, ON while I'm enjoying all the Spring flowering shrubs and flowers here in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful angela! oh i imagine it was hard not to use this beauty earlier, to similate spring at least!lol thanks for sharing the pic of it! i adore it! hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela!
    This just proves good things are worth waiting for. :) lovely! Happy Spring to you!
    Hugs,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty springtime tea pot! And, isn't nice that your friend knows what you love and knows that an older, gently used gift, can sometimes mean so much more than a new item from the mall. How special is that? Can't wait to hear about your next "Spring Fling Tea" you host with this lovely pot on your table, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you drink tea out of a teapot that pretty, the tea will always taste a little sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful! A perfect way to greet our friend Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is right up my alley! GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing. Loved the cards fronm Thursday as well. Aren't you glad we have a B&N so close now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very lovely.tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tea-pot! I am just a bit north of you in Kennesaw GA. Came for the tea press tutorial, stayed for the rest.

    Great job, and now in my reader


    Ruth M (Paisley Cat)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!