Monday, December 22, 2008

Mugging for the camera


Since it's Christmas week and Santa's visit is just days away, I thought it was time to get out the Santa mugs and see how the collection is faring. (Double click the photo if you want to see more detail on this one.) Thanks largely to my mom, Santa has been joined by quite a few helpers this year, and the collection now numbers 89.

I can't remember if that includes this Santa pitcher or not, but oh well. I'll count them again next year!

These three are the latest ones she found for me, and they are the old, classic style Santa mugs and the ones I like best. If you're into Santa mugs, check out the mugs on my Flickr badge at right and you'll probably see some like you have. And don't forget: Santa mugs make wonderful teacups!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite a collection. I think it's great that your Mom is always on the lookout for the things you like to collect. How do you display the Santa mugs in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your santa mug collection! What a fun thing to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection! It brought a smile to my face this morning! Thanks!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ParTea Lady, I thought I'd let you know that this year, I started decorating late and don't have them displayed at all! I just wanted to dust them off and see what the grand total was for the year! But ... for the past few years, I've displayed them in groups along the mantel and on the hearth, hung them (temporarily!) in place of teacups in cabinets and on shelves, popped a few in the downstairs guest bathroom, and last year, I wired them to green garland and hung them on hooks below the mantel. I still have a hankering to decorate a tree entirely with Santa mugs, but I think I will need a sturdy, artificial tree to permit that. ("Oh, Mom ...")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right! Where do you store all of these amazing things? Wow!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the cutest things ever! Holy cow, where do you keep them. We're all gonna have to go looking for a few more to send to you to make it an even 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where I keep them: You know those giant red and green plastic tubs you find at the discount stores at Christmas, the kind for storing ornaments and giftwrap and such? Well, if you layer the mugs just so, not individually wrapped but with crumpled up newspaper (The Times-Herald!) above and beneath, you can get all 89 of them in there. I'm going for 100 next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing collection of Santa mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela, your mugs are lovely. My Grandma had several similar mugs that I remember using as a child. Thanks for the memories.

    I'm spending a few moments catching up on your blog. I had my first child in September and the internet time isn't what it used to be. :-)

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!