Monday, December 8, 2008

Back from the beach


From Wednesday through Sunday I was happily hanging out at Navarre Beach in Florida, courtesy of some friends who wondered if Alex and I would care to visit their condo for the week. So, I "power worked" the first part of last week and took the rest of the week off, and I have to say it ended up being a wonderful (and thoroughly unexpected) "tea trip" as well!

I visited so many antique malls I lost count, I found not one but two items that have been at the top of my tea wish list, and we even spent one day in a lovely town I've long wanted to visit, Fairhope, Ala., that ended up having a surprising tea connection I'd never heard of. (I'll discuss that tomorrow. Anybody want to guess?) We got to Fairhope shortly after lunch and ate at a place called Panini Pete's that is apparently somewhat famous after having been featured on Food Network. There is a cute courtyard in what they call Fairhope's "French Quarter," and tucked in a corner is Panini Pete's, along with several gift shops and boutiques.

Fairhope is located on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay, and I was surprised when we drove down to the Fairhope Pier and saw a gorgeous rose garden still bursting with blooms! As DH noted, the combination of roses AND the water is certainly one to make me happy.









But even on vacation, tea is never far from my mind ...

I bought a few goodies in antique stores in Fairhope, but I was especially pleased to discover this vintage, individual-size Lipton teapot (it's hard to see, but it says "Lipton" near the bottom of the front of the teapot). I like to collect pieces from the various tea brands, and I'd seen these before on eBay, but not for the $6 I paid for this one. And interestingly enough, it wasn't the only time the name "Lipton" would cross my path that afternoon. Tomorrow, I'll explain why!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice vacation that included tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach looks SO peaceful. I am glad ya'll could get a way for a little bit!tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. It is nice when you can find tea goodies and attractions to visit in new places. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be so nice that your DH lets you go junkin while on vacation!! Mine would definately whine about the idea. Looks like you had a nice time. I too love the beach (my home) and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE roses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took some gorgeous pictures! My favorites were the flowers and also the amazing sunset. Just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a good time. The pictures are beautiful but make me very wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Lipton teapot....and the ROSES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!