Friday, February 1, 2008

Sampling new raspberry teas



This week I seem to have been on a raspberry tea kick, so I thought I'd tell you about three new varieties I've been trying. First, there is this Davidson's Spiced Raspberry, an organic black tea my friend Deberah gave me recently. Years ago I became familiar with Davidson's when their dessert teas were sold in a local gift shop. Only when I got this Spiced Raspberry tea did it occur to me that Davidson's was a tea vendor I hadn't heard from in a while. I've since received their catalog and am hoping to try some of their newer varieties soon. This particular raspberry tea is flavored with cinnamon and cloves, which is a nice combination on a chilly winter's day.

Next, I have this tea I can't pronounce, Vesely salek (I won't even attempt the accent marks), which my friend Liz got for me on her trip to the Czech Republic a few months ago. I didn't even open the box until recently, and the scent when I opened it was just intoxicating. This is absolutely the fruitiest raspberry tea I've ever tasted, so if you ever see some of this, grab it ... and sip away. I love to just sniff the teabags, this scent is so terrific. (I'm also saving my teabag wrappers for a craft project I have planned, so these bright red ones will come in handy on down the line.)

Finally, last night I sampled another of my Celestial Seasonings freebies, this Raspberry Gardens Green Tea. It was won-der-ful! Now of course I realize I ought to be drinking more green tea anyway for health reasons, but to be honest, I just never have found a green tea flavor I like as well as other teas. This one, however, was enjoyable from first sip to last.

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried Trader Joe's "Kettle Brewed unsweetened Green & White Tea"? It comes in a gallon jug. In small letters it says "with a hint of mint". My friend introduced me to it. She says she is addicted to it and will bring home three of four jugs at a time. It is excellent and while this is not the season for iced tea, it is truly refreshing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the raspberry tea they served the other day at our tea social!

    As far as the tea bag covers...some while back I saw a blogger that collected them...she had all kinds. I can't wait to see what you do with yours in a craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a good friend of Ms. Tammy, the Pink-Magnolia. She introduced me to your blog, which I now read everyday and just love it. Unfortunately, I don't have a blog yet but hope to have one soon. Anyway, my favorite raspberry tea is "Raspberry Quince" a black tea from The Republic of Tea. It also comes in an iced tea brew bag too.

    Thank you for the great posts and have a wonderful day!

    Sincerely,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - I made your "Cranberry & White Chocolate Biscotti the other day. Yummo! Thanks for the recipe. Tammy says Tummo too!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,there!

    Well, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed my blog! It's nice to meet another person who loves tea as much as I do! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and can't wait to try some of these recipes that you've posted!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!