Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Celebration Cup & Saucer


Back on November 30, I wrote about my "Tea of the Writers" blend tea and Wedgwood mug with handwriting on it. As a writer, I particularly liked the design on the Wedgwood Bicentenary Celebration mug, which featured a facsimile of the handwriting of company forebear Josiah Wedgwood. But I knew that somewhere out there existed the cup and saucer with this same design.

I had been looking for this cup and saucer pretty much since it came out in 1995 and I saw a picture of it in Victoria magazine. I found other mugs, coin dishes, a trinket box, but no cup and saucer. Until last week, when I got an eBay alert informing me that a seller had - at long last - listed the cup and saucer! So guess what arrived at my house yesterday!

It must be said that tea simply tastes better out of a pretty cup and saucer, and the new tea I had last night (from an unusual source; I must tell you about it) just tasted so wonderful in this set. Also, I just have a feeling my writing will get a boost from having a "writerly" teacup to sip from as I'm working. I told my husband I was so happy with this cup and saucer and the other chintz ones I found recently, I am "done" and will probably never have to buy another cup and saucer. He got a nice chuckle out of that, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!