Friday, August 24, 2007

Strange Tea Product #1




Today we have a new category of tea topic: Strange Tea Products!

The other day I ran in Tuesday Morning to get a gift bag, and although I was on my lunch hour I did my usual scan-the-clearance-racks routine. I saw the word "tea" on this blue bottle thingie and had to check it out. Tea D'Light. What on earth? Hmmm ... looks like tea leaves, and then I read the top of the bottle: "Aromatic Burning Tea - With Fragrant Essence - Jasmine Delight."

Here's how the back of the bottle reads: "These hand blended delicious teas now may be enjoyed as a room fragrance. Aromatic Tea D'Light should be diffused by electric or candle burners. Add a small amount of water before heating. Essential oils may also compliment (yes, we know; it should be "complement") the spa effect. Pour a few drops on moistened leaves to further promote a sensual feeling. For a flavorful drink, infuse with hot water until reaching desired strength." The bottle lists a web site, pearlessence.com, but I see this product is no longer offered. I can see why! May I just say I think this was a particularly wacky idea? It's made in China, too, so I'm not feeling very confident about drinking outdated, clearance bin Chinese tea right now. But maybe I'll get a tart burner and some oil and try it out, or else one day I can donate this oddity to a tea museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!